Unidentified (Hitmonlee + Dragonair pokemon fusion) Unidentified (Hitmonlee + Dragonair pokemon fusion)

i think that the character/human destroys the atmosphere. you could blend it a little bit < the "pokemon" should be the focus of the drawing
especially the red, it draws too much attention. you could make it little less saturated

highlights should be from the light source side

there's too much of the black and white lines (i think only black could work way better)

MycosynthWellspring responds:

Yeah, I was trying to go for the original Pokedex color scheme with that one. Looks a bit garish, I agree, but isn't it suppsed to in children's cartton? :D
You know what, you're definitely right actually. I should've made it less saturated tbh.

Not sure about the atmosphere thing. The idea was to try and guide the viewer to read the piece from top to bottom - from the pokemon jumping off point - to action pose in the center frozen in time - to the punchline at the bottom of the canvas. A little comic-esque story if you will. I do see what you mean though. I'll have to reflect on it in the future.

The variations of motion blur I tried with only the black streaks kinda clashed with the line art, (which I judged needed to be emphasized in the pokemon themed drawing) so I settled on this one - sort of middle ground kinda gray on average (might not have been the best choice). Pure whites on the other hand could've been a way to go, but then the trainer-guy in the corner would've definitely needed to be toned down.

Thanks for the feedback and cheers.

Venuking (Venusaur + Seaking combanation) Venuking (Venusaur + Seaking combanation)

I love this piece
But I'm not fan of the shading on the belly and the horn
You could also make the shading on the waterfall seem more like water

tunafishat9 responds:

Appreciate the critique, will work harder next time

ButterChu Character Design Sheet (Pikachu+Butterfree) ButterChu Character Design Sheet (Pikachu+Butterfree)

I think the design is boring (to me it looks like pikachu with wings antennas and strips)
Colours look like they were picked from the pokemons without making them work together

FactoidFirefly responds:

Didn't quiet get the intent properly but your opinion is appreciated.
Thanks! :D